What is the Midnight Golf Program?
The Midnight Golf Program (MGP) is a 30-week empowerment and mentoring experience that teaches life skills including financial literacy, college preparation, community activism, as well as, learning to play golf. It is a program that makes a positive impact in the lives of the participants.
Midnight Golf Program Overview
- Youth meet twice weekly – Monday / Wednesday or Tuesday / Thursday from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm at Marygrove College in Detroit.
- Life Skills are taught by business, human service and education professionals.
- Golf is taught by Class A PGA of America professionals.
- Adults from all walks of life, generations and experience, volunteer their time to serve as mentors for the participants.
- Nearly 1700 participants were admitted or graduated from more than 100 different colleges and universities.
Since 2001, more than 2000 young people joined the Midnight Golf Program, 1700 plus completed the 30 week learning experience with nearly 1600 students admitted to or graduated from more than 100 different colleges and universities.
There are currently 260 participants in Detroit, Michigan. Through the training and experiences the participants become empowered and socially responsible young adults prepared to maximize their potential and appreciate the game of golf.
- Mission – To improve under-served young adults’ personal and professional development, success and appreciation of the game of golf.
- Vision – Empowered, socially responsible young adults prepared to maximize their potential.
- Accountability – We take responsibility for all that we commit to accomplish
- Caring – We are concerned and committed to the needs of all
- Empowerment – We provide information and access to skills that equip young people for success
- Exposure – We provide critical opportunities to experience people, places and activities vital to youth development
- Integrity – We are honest in our relationships and activities
- Quality – We perform every activity with excellence
- Relevance – We are committed to growing young adults prepared to succeed around the globe
- Respect – We exhibit respect for ourselves and others